Paulette Nnorom created this online coaching program after helping hundreds of articling students and Law Practice Program candidates gain the confidence, skills and knowledge they needed to find their first job as a lawyer. Lawyer Coach Paulette combined the best techniques from career practitioners across North America into this step-by-step program. The program saves you time and frustration from having to figure it out on your own. Don’t guess, take the proven pathway to success!
Many law firms enrol their articling students who are not hired back in this program.
Learn more about what’s included in the program below…
Watch this video with past client
Past client, Nicole Myers
“Looking back, what I achieved with Lawyer Coach Paulette would have taken me years to do on my own. I consulted an expert in the field to gain insight and to enhance my professional potential. I am thriving professionally and I am happy overall.”
Read other client testimonials
What satisfied clients are saying about the program
Are you ready to enroll?
What’s included in the program?
A 12-Step Module System that is video-based (scroll down to learn more about this system). Each video module will progressively take you through your job search, step-by-step. Modules run for roughly 20 – 40 minutes each.
You’ll access tools and techniques that will allow you to become a sophisticated jobseeker. In fact, you’ll command
respect from the Bar that you reach out to.
Plus, you’ll get downloadable transcripts of each module (this is great for people who learn by reading), screenshots of key career documents, templates and resources so you can hit the ground running!
Bonus: we’ll also show you how to set up a LinkedIn account and maximize it.
PLUS: This program contains 12 Professionalism Hours once you complete a one-on-one workshop with Lawyer Coach Paulette! That’s all your CPD hours for the year!!
What You’ll Be Learning: The 12-Step Module System
Module 1: Hit the “Pause” Button
- You’ll understand the mindset it takes to succeed so that you’re confident and
grounded in your search
Module 2: Two Ways to Find a Job
- You’ll learn first-principles about a job search and the two ways of finding a job
Module 3: What is Your Ideal Associate Position?
- You’ll learn to lay a proper foundation with a questionnaire that will assist you
in developing a focus
- Even if you’re changing practice areas from what you articled in or did a work
placement in, you’ll learn how to develop a focus for your job search
Module 4: The Makings of a Personal Brand
- Many new lawyers don’t place a lot of emphasis on branding, but it’s
especially important in the early stages of one’s career
- You’ll end up developing an elevator pitch that articulates your focus while
incorporating your personal values and strengths
Module 5: The Market and Setting Up Job Alerts
- You’ll be shown how to assess the market to determine what’s hot or not!
- You’ll learn how to set up job alerts by watching Lawyer Coach Paulette on
Indeed.ca and LinkedIn, and what search strings she recommends
- You’ll also learn about recruiters and how they work
Module 6: Updating Your Résumé
- You’ll gain insight into how a certified résumé writer applies strategy
(for different profile weaknesses) by watching Lawyer Coach Paulette
update a résumé
- You’ll update your résumé with expert tips, a checklist and résumé critique
Module 7: Assembling and Maintaining Your References
- You’ll learn how to go about securing the best references and when to reach
out to your references throughout your search
Module 8: Tapping into the Hidden Job Market
- You’ll learn the best techniques for tapping into the hidden job market so
you can uncover jobs that don’t and won’t get advertised
- You’ll learn the ins and outs of coffee dates, including what to say in
your outreach email, what to say on the coffee date, how to follow up and
when to pivot for job opportunities
- Plus, you’ll get a printable checklist to ensure you’re always on the right track!
Module 9: Why You Need a LinkedIn Profile
- You’ll learn how to leverage LinkedIn for networking purposes
- You’ll receive a LinkedIn critique form to help maximize your online presence
- We’ve even included a guide to set up a LinkedIn account if you don’t already
Module 10: Writing a Cover Letter
- You’ll learn how to write a killer cover letter by watching Lawyer Coach
Paulette edit one
- You’ll also get a cover letter checklist to ensure you’re meeting the legal
Module 11: Preparing for an Interview
- You’ll learn how to prepare for before, during and after your interview
- And with virtual and phone interviews becoming more popular, you’ll get a guide
to help you succeed interview preparation
- You’ll even receive a list of questions that you can ask an interviewer!
Module 12: The Job Offer and Negotiations
- You’ll learn how to address questions about salary during the interview process
- You’ll get a worksheet to assess a job offer and prepare for negotiations
- You’ll be empowered to conduct your own negotiations so you don’t leave extra
money on the table!