why this course exists?
Every year articling and Law Practice Program students go into panic mode during hireback season.
The transition from being a student to the practice of law can be stressful, particularly for those not hired back.
That’s why this course was created: to guide you step-by-step and cut out the clutter!
“Hi Paulette. I got the job!” July 31, 2017
“I got a job offer this morning! I can’t believe it happened so quickly…I had only been searching for 3 weeks!! I can’t thank you enough and couldn’t have done it without you:)” July 13, 2017
What’s included in the course?
12 video-based modules that will take you step-by-step through your job search!
Plus, you’ll get transcripts of each module, templates and resources to help you every step of the way!
Bonuses: we’ll also show you how to set up a LinkedIn account and include other helpful guides.
The Mental Preparation
- Understanding the mindset it takes for you to succeed
- Laying the proper foundation with what you are looking for and your personal brand
- Assessing the market
- Securing the best references for you
The Marketing Materials
- Updating your résumé with expert tips
- Writing a killer cover letter
- Leveraging LinkedIn
- Tapping into the hidden job market so you can uncover jobs that won’t get advertised
The Final Countdown
- Preparing for your interviews
- Negotiating your job offer
“I am so happy to let you know I just accepted an offer with [that firm]! Dream gig!”July 19, 2017
“I wanted to take this opportunity to express my appreciation for your always, insightful advice and guidance. The post-articles job search is a stressful experience, and I feel very luck to have met you during this time. You are an amazing coach!! Thank you. Best regards.”
Miriam Anbar, Rodney Employment Law
Who’s this course for?
Are you newly called to the Bar?
In Ontario that means you have either completed your articles or the Law Practice Program placement, or received an NCA certificate. In other jurisdictions, it will mean that you are called to a Bar. All are welcome!
Will you be called to the Bar?
You are either waiting for a call date, or will be called at some point in the near future. In either case, you will benefit from laying a proper job search foundation now!
Are you diligent and willing to learn?
This course is for people who are willing to invest the time and energy to learn how to conduct a proper job search, then implement what you've learned...no slackers allowed!
Can you set up a basic spreadsheet?
Because this course gets you to use a spreadsheet to add structure to your search, you should have access to Excel or a similar program and have a basic working knowledge of how to use it. We will show you how!
Are you a LinkedIn user (or prepared to be one)?
LinkedIn is one of the best job search tools out there! Don't worry if you don't have one yet, we'll show you how.
Are you smart?
This course will help you develop a target market to work backwards from. Those who don't have a focus or are not prepared to develop a focus, get frustrated fast...we work with smart people!
How will I benefit from taking this course?
You will benefit by learning and doing the following:
- Develop the skills necessary to execute an effective and efficient job search in the 21st Century, including networking, informational interviewing, outreach communication and integrating LinkedIn.
- Gain insight into the “finessed” or “sophisticated” elements of a job search so you will stand out from your peers.
- Understand the difference between a passive job search and a hidden job search, and how to conduct both at once.
Can I watch the videos or share the content with others?
No! When you sign up for a payment option, it’s for your own personal use. But, please do pass along the homepage to your peers so they can sign up too!
The No-Risk Plan!
Test the course out for 30 days and...
...you'll get access to all 12 modules, resources and bonuses!
The "I Know What I Want" Plan!
Because you know what you want, you'll save over $100...
...by making a one-time payment!